Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pear and pine nut salad

We were blessed this weekend with 80 degree weather in the second week of October! After church, we went to the Birmingham Farmer's Market. We scored some gorgeous red and green leaf lettuce.


Did you know that 1.5 cups of red leaf lettuce gives you 40% of your daily requirement of vitamin A? As I made my way through the market, I gathered things for the salad that I was envisioning. Here are the ingredients for a delicious fall salad. Bon Appetit!
Lettuce - your choice.
Please, no iceberg! For nutritional value, romaine packs the best punch.
sliced button mushrooms
sliced red onions
toasted pine nuts
1 diced Barlett pear
Must have been the lovely weather, but I was feeling inspired enough to even make my own dressing.
1 tsp minced garlic
2 TBSP white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
Shake, shake, shake. Drizzle it over your salad and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment