Tuesday, October 11, 2011

BBQ Chicken Salad

October 10, 2011 - The first time in ten years that the Detroit Lions have hosted Monday night football! Between the Tigers in the ALCS Championships and Monday night football, I felt compelled to make something for dinner that would taste somewhat like "bar food", but still enable to me to use all of the goodies I bought at the Birmingham Farmer's Market the day before. I decided on a BBQ chicken salad. I had an assembly line of foil packages going! Sliced red peppers, ears of corn drizzled in olive oil and tucked in their foil. I also brushed two boneless chicken breasts with honey barbecue sauce and threw everything on the grill for about 15 minutes. While the grill worked its magic, I assembed the salad:

Artisan lettuce
2 TBSP chopped black olives
sliced red onion
1 cup light red kidney beans

I chopped the grilled chicken, cut the corn off the cob and removed the peppers from the package. I added all to the salad, and sprinkled with shredded sharp cheddar. For dressing, I used Litehouse Lite Salsa Ranch dressing. Picture below. On Top Chef, I would have gotten points knocked off for the errant corn kernels and cheese on my plates. But alas, things are a little more laid back at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment